Shelby County Health Department
The existing Shelby County Health Department, originally constructed in 1950 and renovated over the years, was no longer able to serve the needs of Shelby County Citizens. The County took the opportunity to create a flexible, health-focused space to better serve both patrons and employees of the center. The largest portion of the building at 30,000 SF, the clinic is located on the main level and features brick veneer cladding with aluminum and glass accents at entry points. The building was designed to feature as much natural light as possible. The focal point of the building is a large stair, design to increase interaction and promote activity of users, which connects the clinic level with a conference center above. SSR was responsible for structural, civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection.