Joint Commission updates Life Safety & Environment of Care Document List and Review Tool for 2021
Recent Joint Commission articles have indicated there will be additions to the LS/EOC Document List and Review Tool starting in early 2021. The Joint Commission has finally released those long-awaited 2021 changes. The updated Life Safety & Environment of Care Document List and Review Tool for 2021 is located on pages 102 through 116 of the January 2021 Joint Commission Survey Activity Guide.
A copy of the updated document list and review tool indicates (with underlining) that the following Elements of Performance (EPs) have been added effective immediately:
- LS.01.01.01: EP7 (the Basic Building Information (BBI) requirement from July 2020)
- EC.02.05.05: EP7 (line isolation monitor testing documentation)
- EC.01.01.01, EP1 and EP3 (managing risk & library for inspection, testing & maintenance)
- EC.01.01.01: EP4 through EP9 inclusive (the Management Plans)
- EC.04.01.01: EP15 (annual Management Plan reviews)
- EC.04.01.03: EP2 (using data analyses to identify improvement opportunities)
- EC.04.01.05: EP1 (resolving environmental safety issues)
- EC.02.02.01: EP1, EP3 and EP11 (managing risks related to hazardous materials and waste)
- EC.02.01.01: EP1, EP3, EP9 and EP10 (managing safety and security risks)
There are other additional changes to survey processes for 2021. Those changes are also covered within the January 2021 Joint Commission Survey Activity Guide.